Happy Journey part 1

This semester was my worst ever in the campus. Bad acads, bad extra-curricular, no fun, no booze parties, Bad luck ............my life followed Murphy's law with a cent-percent accuracy.

Of all things, I wanted to share the travel nightmare on the blog. It will be divided into three parts, with second part divided into two parts. So here we go.



With a benign smile, he said "No tickets saar, no availability, aaall finished". "No sir, please sir, check once again, any ticket, any train, anytime, any class" I pleaded, desperate to escape Chennai ASAP. He turned as serious as QMS coord reviewing your budget details. "There are few sleeper on GT Express left saar, but no AC". "OK, where can I book a flight?". He directed me to a different desk. "any flights sir?" "Which date?" "two days later." The omniscient deity went on a quick tour of cyberspace, and replied "Only Jet business class, 12000 Rs + 500 Rs. facilitation charges" pulling out a form bearing a striking resemblance to a soiled ration card. I had only 11K in my account and in any case 12K was complete no-no for a 2 hr. journey.


I came back to hostel with a sleeper ticket in my hand and prepared myself for a 40 hour survivor test that the journey would be in the heat, dust, smells, noises and crowds of dry parched central India in this summer. Simultaneously I cursed myself in all colors and tongues for procrastinating on this ticket booking business.

Since March, my dad kept reminding me 'book your tickets', 'book them timely'. And I kept rep-LYING, "yeah sure, I will book them this Monday......yeah sure this Tuesday....definitely by this Friday.." The month of April went like a woosh...and I started making inquiries only by 28th and actually went to book tickets on 3rd. After doing that I lied once again, "yeah I got tatkal tickets for GT 2AC 5th evening". My dad dint take this one, " I checked up everything this afternoon, nothing was available, from where did you get that ticket?" "No, the railways website was wrong, I have the ticket with me, can't you believe your own son ?". This emosanal outburst put him on a back foot and he believed it.

And then, with ticket in my hand, I started packing things for the journey.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts